Two Pennies Earned Has Joined Forbes' Blog Network!

A few weeks ago, I received an email from someone at Forbes saying that they loved my blog and wanted to include it in their new blog network launching in January. This means that my articles will be featured on Forbes.com from time to time, and in exchange, I have to put some ads on my site, which I'm sure you've noticed. The ads are served by Adify.

I get part of the ad revenue, but not as much as I earn from other advertising partners. I look at this as Forbes taking their cut for promoting me on their site and letting me ride the coattails of Forbes affiliation (which I personally already have from Investopedia, but which my website, as its own entity, did not have). Of course, Forbes also gets something out of being able to say they have a blog network, and they need me for that. I always get a kick out of traditional media actually admitting that bloggers are a force to be reckoned with.

In the time I've spent blogging, I've tried out more advertising programs than I can remember, and most of them haven't been worth the space they take up, so I'm not holding my breath on this one. However, I am looking forward to being able to reach more readers, and if I happen to get some more ad revenue, that will be great, too.

If you have a personal finance blog and you're interested in applying to this program, click on the banner ad in the sidebar (about halfway down the page).

Comments

Mark Graban said…
I've been considering that network for my blog... don't you also have to post a top billboard banner? That's the thing I'm most concerned about...
Anonymous said…
Yes, you do have to run a banner ad at the top of the page--I just haven't figured out how to make their code work with Blogger yet. I have my concerns about the large banner ad, too--I'll have to wait and see how things work out and whether the exposure and ad revenue are worth the large chunk of space and visual distraction at the top of the page. On the plus side, users with Firefox's AdBlock Plus won't have to look at it if they don't want to.

Popular Posts